Topics and your questions answered on the show
- Matthew is married, age 36, wants to retire early, and asks how to fund early retirement before age 59 1/2. Scott explains how to pay the bills while waiting to withdraw from a 401(k), including how to take money out of tax deferred retirement accounts before age 59 1/2 penalty free.
- Can buying a boat give your family financial protection if you get hit by an asteroid?
- Steve asks about budgeting and the leading tools.
- Confirmation that you can withdraw contributions (your basis) from a Roth IRA at any age tax and penalty free.
- Lore (Columbus, OH) needs help with asset allocation and picking the right stuff in their available investments.
- Rita (Portugal) has a mortgage with 9% interest and is deciding if she should invest or not.
- Elaine says she can’t afford to invest because she doesn’t want to lose money. She can’t afford not to.
- Walter is age 43, wants to retire at age 55 and asks which index funds I recommend.
- What do you do with your raises and bonuses?
- Quote of the day from Jimi Hendrix.
How Would You Like to Listen?
Subscribe to discover what you won’t find on other personal finance shows.
Listen to the show here
Links mentioned in the show
Ask me a question
If you have a question you want to be answered on the show, a comment, thought or concern, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you.
Help us out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found clicking here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!