The Scott Alan Turner Personal Finance Scholarship program is designed to help provide personal finance education to students and to develop a deeper knowledge and appreciation of good money management. The personal finance scholarship provides two, one-year non-renewable scholarships to help students achieve academically.
Personal Finance Scholarship Awards
Two awards will be given out:
- $500 scholarship (one year, non-renewable) to a high-school senior
- $1,000 scholarship (one year, non-renewable) to a currently enrolled undergraduate student.
Who is eligible?
- Graduating high school seniors or undergraduate college students who are in good standing
- Be between the ages of 16 and 21 years old
- Planning to enroll or currently enrolled in a two- or four-year college or vocational school on a part-time or full-time basis
- United States citizen or legal resident
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
The 2017 application deadline is 11:59 a.m. Central Time July 1, 2017.
Interested students may find the complete scholarship application form here. We recommend composing the 500-word essay in your favorite word processor and then pasting the finished product into this form.
- 500+ words in length
- Discuss what your family taught you about money/personal finance and what you’ve learned about money on your own. Examples include spending, saving, investing, student loans, budgeting, credit cards.
How do I apply?
Eligible students should apply in the following manner:
- The student must complete and submit the ONLINE application.
- Fill Out The Application Here
- If you have questions about your online application, contact our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon receipt of the application, the applicant will receive a notification that the application was received.
Winners will be announced in late July 2017.
Who selects the award winners?
The selection committee consists of a group of professionals either employed by or affiliated with EIG, the parent company of Scott Alan Turner. Three essay finalists will be selected for each scholarship. Listeners of the Scott Alan Turner Show will vote on the winning essay.
How will the awards be administered?
- Award winners will be announced in late July.
- The award becomes final when the student accepts it and enrolls in an accredited U.S. American school, college or university. The award money is paid in full at once.
- All checks are paid directly to the school; under no circumstance can we make payment directly to the student.
- The scholarship monies may be used for tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board.
- To receive payment, a student must have the school send a completed Verification of Enrollment form to our Dallas office. We will then issue our check, payable to the school, and mail it directly to the school to establish credit in the name of the student. We will notify the student when we mail the check.
- If a student leaves school for any reason, the undisbursed balance of the scholarship must be returned directly to the Dallas office. It may not be transferred to another school, and it may not be paid to the student personally.
- In all of our scholarship programs, it is the responsibility of the student to follow up on all matters relating to his or her scholarship.
Please email email@example.com for any questions.
Turner Solutions, LLC
2560 King Arthur Blvd
Lewisville, TX 75056