Who Is Scott Alan Turner?
AND HOW DOES HE KNOW ABOUT THIS STUFF?
- Living paycheck-to-paycheck when I got out of college and not knowing where I spent it
- Buying stuff on credit cards and paying interest on it each month
- Getting a new car with an $800 a month car payment
- Following the bad investing advice of others only to lose $40,000 in the stock market
- Getting ripped off and losing money time and time again because I didn’t know any better
Then the big day came when I bought almost as much house as the bank said I could afford (and my boss told me I should do). After draining my bank account to get the house keys, I started getting nervous. I have a big mortgage, car payment, and I just charged a bunch of furniture on a credit card. I’m single, and I have no money left until my next paycheck.
THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN, BUT THEN A FUNNY THING HAPPENED…
I started learning about debt, saving, and investing. In the first 12 months I saved over $1,000 on just my expenses (which has become part of my free How To Save $1,000 In One Week Challenge)
I became a student of money, and in the process, my life changed. By age 35 I was 100% debt-free, no mortgage, and a self-made millionaire.
How This All Began
A LITTLE STORY ABOUT A BIG DREAM
When I started my goal was simple: share the strategies that have helped me get out of debt faster, save more money, and retire early. And while there is a ton of information out there on the money – it’s gotten harder to finding ethical advice where someone isn’t being paid to promote something.
THIS IS WHERE I FIT IN AND WHY I HELP PEOPLE BECOME FINANCIAL ROCK STARS.
I share my successes and failures to help you reach your own personal, financial, and business goals. It’s why I don’t accept any payments, kickbacks, advertising, or paid promotions of any product that would cause a conflict of interest.
I will give you all the options and help you decide what is best for you, based on your goals and financial situation. Everything I talk about is backed up with facts, research, and studies. Not pie-in-the-sky statements or get-rich-quick schemes.
Why I Do What I Do
HINT: IT’S NOT ABOUT MONEY
As you listen to my show or read my blog, you’ll also discover that:
I LOVE MUSIC
I play in a Rock-n-Roll band.
Food: Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
TV Show: Star Trek
I spend a lot of time with friends and family wake boarding and surfing.
YOU’RE NOT TOO LATE
Dr. Barry Kaplan, Certified Financial Planner and Chief Investment Office for Cambridge Wealth Counsel had this to say:
I knew Scott when he sold his car and drove a scooter to save money. A decade later, he’s set for life. This guy knows what he’s talking about – so listen!
I have worked hard to build this site into a resource that not only helps you build your wealth and avoid the false promises of get-rich-quick schemes, but also helps you live the life you deserve and want.
Thanks for reading this! I’d love to have you join me and my community of people looking to get out of debt faster, save more money, and retire rich.
This is your show
WHY LISTEN TO ME
- I’ve been an owner/partner in eight companies since the year 2000.
- In 2005, I started working with a Certified Financial Planner to help me with my finances (I still meet with him to this day).
- In 2007, I was on Clark Howard’s TV show spotlighted as a successful entrepreneur.
- In 2009, I was completely out of debt with no mortgage.
- In 2013, I taught Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University.
- I’ve read over 200 books on personal finance.
- I’m currently working on my Masters Degree in Personal Financial Planning.
- I’ve learned from making tons of mistakes
WHERE SHOULD YOU GO NEXT?
Find Extra Money In Just 7-Days
How would you like to Save $1,000 In One Week?
Sign up for this fun, 7-day series, and you'll learn how to find more money each month.