It’s hard to stay motivated to hit the gym. For some added motivation there are apps that will pay you to get fit. With that little bit of extra motivation, you’ll be more likely to reach your fitness goals.
Check out these three ways to earn money for working out.
If you use a Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, RunKeeper, MapMyRide, Twitter or any one of dozens of fitness apps to track your health, you can earn cash rewards by connecting your apps. You can earn points for:
- Walking/daily steps
- Any form of exercise
- Logging food/calories
- Weighing yourself daily
- Tweeting healthy Tweets
- Taking a survey
- Participating in research
Simply sign up, connect your app, and start earning points.
Earn 10 points for signing up with Achievement today and connecting to the app.
HealthyWage provides weight loss and step challenges for individuals. You can also have your company sign up and participate.
How it works:
- Setup an account and undergo a verified weigh-in.
- Set a weight loss goal and then place a bet with your money.
- Once you reach your goal and win the bet, you’re rewarded with money via PayPal or Amazon credit.
HealthyWage has been featured on NPR, the Today show, Good Morning America, FoxNews, ABC, and CNN.
Sign up for HealthyWage
Walgreens Balance Rewards
Track your fitness efforts with Walgreens Balance Rewards and earn points.
You can receive:
- 250 points for each new healthy goal you set
- 20 points for every mile you walk, run, or cycle
- 20 points per day for testing your blood pressure
- 250 points for each healthy goal you reach
Points can be redeemed at Walgreens and deducted from your purchases.
To get started, sign up at Walgreens and download the app. Connect the app with a fitness tracker or just log your activity manually.
Have you tried any of these? What did you think?